Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Basics, Not Basic

Hello, again!

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Alex and I enjoyed spending our very first one together in the two years that we've been dating. He took me to the Denver Art Museum and then out to dinner. When we got home, we just relaxed with some cannabis goodies that he had molded into heart shapes for me (how fucking cute is that?!) and devoured a dozen chocolate-covered strawberries. We typically keep things very simple in our relationship, we like it that way.

Because I was enjoying my relaxing day with him, I didn't get a chance to photograph/document the outfit that I wore to the museum but I do intend on shooting it for a future blog post, so be on the lookout for that. And speaking of "lookout..."







So, true to form, the weather here in Colorado has made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Remember in my last post how I was wearing shorts and a tank top? Well, these photos are from last week when the weather was not-so-February. We took a scenic drive up Lookout Mountain in Golden to enjoy some much-appreciated warm sunshine. 

The first time we drove up this mountain was back in October when our parents were visiting. I unfortunately experienced altitude-sickness for the very first time, which was awful, by the way. I'm happy to report that since then, this 7,000ft mountain no longer makes me nauseous (although I'll admit I'm still scared shitless making the drive down...yikes!)







So, I thought I would share with you what I would consider to be "my look." Fashion is awesome because you can be anyone, and while I try to experiment with looks and trends, people who see me day-to-day usually see me dressed like this. It's nice to step back and appreciate your journey, and my fashion journey seems to have started here: in sweet simplicity.

I love basics (the clothes, not the people) because they're so versatile, which is a quality that I like to think I also carry. I'm most comfortable in clothes that take little to no effort, as I feel that's when I am free to be most like myself. These outfits have been repeated on numerous offenses (whoops – don't alert the fashion police, please!) and I'm positive I've worn other pieces that are painfully similar. These looks aren't put together to impress, but rather to express... and while I'm sure there are quite a few people who don't appreciate the lack of outfit effort, this is me. It's as simple and as complicated as that. 


GET THE LOOK(S)

Beanie: Neff
Slouchy tank: Forever 21
Boyfriend jeans: Forever 21
Sneakers: Vans

Leather baseball cap: American Apparel
Flannel: H&M
Socks: Target
Booties: H&M


Here are a few bonus shots from my archive... enjoy!






I'll be back again before you know it.

Until next time...
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. i've been following this blogspot & your tumblr. What happened to your tumblr blog???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just changed my url, it's now blondetrash.tumblr.com

      Delete
  2. Oh thank god, thought u left forever. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete