Saturday, February 7, 2015

Social Decay

Okay, is it just me or is this year already flying by?

I can't believe that we're already a week into February – the unusual warm weather here in Colorado certainly doesn't have me convinced. The past few days have been pushing 70 degrees, how crazy is that?! There was snow on the ground less than a week ago, and today I ran errands in a tank top and shorts... insane! I never thought I would be sweating this time of year, at least not in Colorado. It almost felt like being back in Phoenix, again...

So, rewinding back to a few weeks ago, I was contacted over Instagram by a clothing brand called Social Decay. After a few emails back and forth, they so generously offered to send me my very first bit of blogger mail! Scrolling through their site, I found a whole bunch of cute graphic tees/tanks that were absolutely my taste. I was beyond excited to get my hands on this top. The package arrived just a day or two after my birthday... happy belated to me!



These are some of my Instagram posts from today's excursion. Alex and I, true to form, started our Saturday at my favorite coffee shop in Denver. I got my usual, an iced soy hazelnut latte with a cinnamon sprinkle. They always serve their coffee in different, mismatched mugs but today my drink was served in a mason jar... how cute, right? I also had an exceptionally yummy cucumber, dill and cream cheese panini. I swear this place can do no wrong.







So after our coffee/panini run, we drove around a bit before continuing our day of errands. We came across this really awesome mural on the backside of a building and had to stop for some pictures. Denver has really surprised me with its vast amount of street art, and honestly I've seen some of the most incredible and detailed murals since I've been living out here. After snapping a few shots, we hopped back in the car and headed back over to Santa Fe Dr. 





 We revisited one of the many antique shops where I decided to put on a pretty face... cute, right? Our real goal was to pick up my poor laptop from the repair shop. I'm happy to report that my baby is up and running again! It feels so good to have it back. Right next to the repair shop was this absolutely dope mural, and upon further examination, I noticed an infamous quote by YSL that I had previously overlooked last time we passed by this wall. This time, I made sure to snap a full pic.

After picking up my baby, we grabbed some Chipotle for lunch and went home to relax for a bit and to hang out with my pup before we went to enjoy the weather in Downtown Golden. The leather seats in Alex's car seriously had me feeling a bit sweaty and gross, so I also ended up changing while we stopped at home... and well... I ended up liking that outfit, too. I decided to document it – I mean, Social Decay was nice enough to send me a shirt so the least I could do is wear the shit out of it, right?! It's good to know that such a simple, fun tank will have endless outfit opportunities.












GET THE LOOK(S)

Hat:
H&M
Top: Social Decay
Shorts (denim): Minkpink x Nasty Gal
Shorts (burgundy/tassel): Gypsy Warrior
Belt (black leather): H&M
Belt (concho): Forever 21
Socks: Forever 21
Booties: H&M

A big thank you to Social Decay for not only this tank top, but for their interest in my blog.
Be sure to check them out, guys, you won't be disappointed!
Tumblr: socialdecaybk.tumblr.com
Twitter: @socialdecaybk
Instagram: @socialdecaybrand



Until next time...
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment