Friday, November 20, 2015

Cozy and Cost-Concious

Hello, dolls!

Is outfit-repeating truly a crime? Some days it's nice to wake up and just not have to think about what you're going to wear. I have an arsenal of go-to outfits for days when it's just a little bit harder to get out of bed. I applaud those of you who can wake up every day and piece together an outfit, but I am just not a morning person most days. If being an outfit-repeater is a serious fashion offense, then go ahead and lock me away for liking convenience.














GET THE LOOK

Top: H&M
Jeans: H&M
Boots: H&M
Hat: H&M

I'm known to be a fan of distressed denim, and I incorporate it throughout every season, regardless of how cold my knobby little knees may be. I've also just recently really gotten into turtle necks...? I never really used to care for them because I felt like it was uncomfortable or smothering, but I've come to find that I prefer turtle necks that are a bit bigger and slouchier as opposed to the slim, tight ones. This cropped sweater is super soft, which is a huge deal since I find a lot of sweaters to be scratchy and irritating.

I actually picked up these boots last spring from our Coachella line. I love pieces that I can still use in other seasons, and these booties are just the perfect shade of brown to keep them out year-round. I've always been a big fan of boots and so I try to find ones that I can get a lot of use out of. My hat collection has also been growing as I've been trying to incorporate other colors other than black. My most recent additions have been charcoal grey, navy blue (from my last post), and this tan one that you see here. My hair has really been on the mend due to incessant dryness out here, so the bad-hair days come more often than not. I am not truly Dani if I am not in a hat.

I am only just now realizing that my entire outfit is from work. I guess it's pretty clear what I do during my lunch breaks. The craziest thing is while I do quite a bit of damage at my store, more than half of the products in my wardrobe were purchased at sale price. I scored these jeans and this cropped turtle neck around this time last year, both at ridiculously low prices. The sweater was a whopping $3 and the jeans were only $7 (and that's not including my employee discount). The two have become little staples in my closet and I get tons of use out of them. It is possible to create an extensive wardrobe out of discounted items. Shop smart, dolls.

Until next time...

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment