Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Canadian Tuxedo, Dani-Style

My goodness, it's been quite some time now, hasn't it?!




I realize that saying I've been off my blogging game is a serious understatement, and I apologize for my unintentional hiatus... BUT HI, I'M BACK! Life, as it tends to do, got in the way of my blogging plans (as well as a few technical difficulties, which have officially been worked out) but seeing as things are finally a bit more stable, I'll be posting much, much more.











GET THE LOOK

Black Crop Top: Gypsy Warrior
Denim Tunic: H&M
Shorts: MINKPINK via Nasty Gal
Shoes: Forever 21
Hat: H&M

This is a look that I had shot way back in September when it was still warm enough outside for shorts – without tights or thigh-high socks, that is. I have a deep love for the denim-on-denim look (or the "Canadian Tuxedo" as some call it) and I'm always trying to find new ways to re-vamp it and make it a little bit different each time. So far, my favorite is breaking up the denim with just a hint of black. Denim on black is a match made in heaven if you were to ask me... something about it feels just a little bit sleeker than your classic blue jeans, white shirt go-to.

I wear this denim tunic in more ways than you could imagine. Being quite petite with a short torso, I often wore it belted as a dress with booties, although it appears my favorite option is paired with my black jeans, a black tee, and white sneakers. This tunic is a staple piece in my closet, and I truly get so much use out of it so if you don't already have that perfect denim shirt, I would absolutely recommend this one that I picked up from work.

These lace-ups have been my go-to shoe of the summer, and trust me, parting ways with them for the change of the season has been absolutely heartbreaking for me. I never thought a shoe like this would be comfortable given the laces on the front, but I was pleasantly surprised by these babies. I'm already looking forward to warmer weather so I can live in them again.

I'll be back again this week with another #ootd



Until next time...
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment