Thursday, September 11, 2014

Trend: Boyfriend Jeans

Hello, everyone!

I'm excited to share this post with you as it will be the first of many posts including shots by my own personal photographer: my boyfriend, Alex. I must say that I'm extremely lucky to have someone so talented in my life, and even luckier to have someone so supportive of me and my blogging endeavors. As I continue to blog, he will be my primary photographer. So, in that regard, you can assume all photos of me are taken by him, unless otherwise stated.

One of my absolute favorite style trends is the menswear/boyfriend look. Growing up, I was quite a tomboy. I think it had something to do with always being around my older brother and his friends, but I really never considered myself "girly" and I still wouldn't to this day. The best thing about boyfriend jeans is the comfort factor. The relaxed, baggy fit allows for ultimate slumping and being that most womenswear isn't always exactly cozy, I definitely take advantage of the comfort. I usually do this by making it a 100% man-inspired look by wearing a big, baggy flannel or an oversized, slouchy tee but this time I decided to play with masculine vs. feminine. I tend to like things in opposition, I feel that it adds a bit of balance to everything.

I just recently received these booties in the mail a few days ago after scoring them for half the price (gotta love Labor Day sales!) from Forever 21. I was sifting through my closet and came across this blazer and decided that it would not only match the booties, but also tie into the whole outfit duality I had envisioned in my head, and soon enough the entire look came together with great ease. 

























Blazer: Express
Shirt: Nasty Gal
Bralette: Free People
Jeans: Forever 21
Booties: Forever 21
Necklace: Etsy
Hat: Missguided

I do intend on doing quite a few posts incorporating different ways to style boyfriend jeans. I think they're a great staple piece and they're actually pretty versatile in terms of styling... not to mention the oversized fit is really flattering on girls who are more petite (like myself). Fellow tiny girls: do yourselves a favor and go grab a pair or two of boyfriend jeans, if you haven't already!

Also, be sure to follow me on other social media platforms:
Tumblr: feralblonde.tumblr.com
Twitter: @danidelionnn
Instagram: @daniellerosecastano

No comments:

Post a Comment