Monday, September 22, 2014

If The Silence Takes You, Then I Hope It Takes Me, Too

Hello, dear friends.

This past week has been a very difficult one for me as I lost someone who has been a major part of my life. My grandfather recently passed, and I've been having a very hard time coping. My pop was my whole world, my hero. As naive as this may be, I never really thought this day would come. He has always been incredibly healthy and active, so when his health started going downhill pretty quickly, I didn't really know how to process it all. As much time as I spent with him in the hospital, I still wasn't really prepared for his departure and even now, I still don't quite know how to feel. That being said, I haven't gotten out much (my own doing, really) but today my boyfriend and I spent some much needed time together outside on this beautiful day. I like to think the gorgeous weather was my pop-pop's doing, so a big thank you to him for inspiring me to get out of the house. 

This post is dedicated to my pop-pop, whose free-spiritedness was ever present in me today.









Dress: Windsor
Boots: 2020ave















Top/Kimono: H&M
Pants: Etsy
Booties: Forever 21

(All photos taken by my loving boyfriend, Alex)

My boyfriend and I are currently planning our big move to Colorado, so my posts might not be so frequent just yet (please bear with me!) but when we do finally get all settled in, you can definitely expect more nature/earthy photo sets from here on out. Autumn also happens to be my favorite season, and seeing as I haven't gotten to experience the changing of the leaves these past few years, I am going to be taking full advantage. I will be sure to do a few text posts as well to keep you all updated on me and Alex's future endeavors.

Much love to you all and thank you, as always, for reading.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment