Monday, September 1, 2014

She Loves Adventure

Hello, my little lovelies!

I've unfortunately been going through a rough patch in my life and so what little free-time I've had recently has been devoted to things other than blogging (oops!) but I promise I'm really trying to get it together. I'm hoping that a positive mindset will help me through all of this, so please bear with me.

This day was probably one of the most beautiful days, and my mood was only uplifted even more because I was surrounded by such great people. My boyfriend Alex and my good friend Sam came into the city to spend the day with me and Alee, so my mood was already brightened despite my hangover.
 We spent the day roaming around the streets of Dumbo, Brooklyn, but it was kind of tricky trying to get a good shot because it was a Sunday and apparently on Sundays Dumbo is the place to be! Alee and I were constantly waiting for cars to go by, you can imagine how difficult it is to get a shot in the middle of the street with so many people everywhere! Luckily, people were somewhat cooperative and patient with us, so the shoot was ultimately a big success. We finished the shoot, hopped back on the subway to Manhattan, and treated ourselves to some gourmet chicken nuggets.

PS: If you haven't been to The Nugget Spot on 14th Street in between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, go now.

All photos are by Alee Rose:

















Dress: Gypsy Warrior
Boots: Gypsy Warrior

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've worn this exact outfit countless times... I let it slide because both pieces are too perfect both on their own and as a unit. I have worn this dress with other black booties, but these Gypsy Warrior booties nail it every single time. I fell in love with this dress the moment I laid my eyes on it. It really didn't take any time before I was entering my credit card information. This is slightly unusual for me because I tend to stay away from anything with tulle since I don't really consider myself girly enough to pull it off, but once the dress finally arrived and I got to try it on for the first time I didn't take it off for the rest of the day (and I am so serious about this). This is hands down my favorite dress in my closet and I will never ever ever part ways with it... EVER.
no@
As always, thanks again to my good friend Alee for capturing my favorite dress so beautifully and thanks to all of you for sticking around despite my inconsistency.

I hope you all had a pleasant and relaxing Labor Day weekend!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment