Thursday, October 23, 2014

Stay Golden

My boyfriend Alex and I have successfully moved into our new place! We had our parents here last week to help us get settled in and now that we pretty much have all of our furniture put together and set up, I figured it's a good time for a blog post. This is only the start of our adventure, and I'm very excited to share the experiences with you all.







If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen some of these photos on my feed. These were all taken on my iPhone during our trip to beautiful Golden, Colorado. We're lucky to be living in a place that is only a few minutes from both the city and the mountains. It only took us about 15 minutes or so to get to Golden and I unfortunately started the day off with an episode of altitude sickness. It would figure, right? I was able to fight it off eventually after we walked alongside the creek all afternoon and later on I stumbled into this awesome antique shop where I got this really ornate German beer stein for my grandmother. I was hoping to find some cool knick-knacks for our new place, but nothing really jumped out at me demanding to be bought. We were heading home when Alex's dad suggested this one mountain, so we took a detour and drove up what is now the tallest mountain I've ever been on. I kept getting these waves of altitude sickness on the drive but it was so worth it because the view was insane. I'll admit I was pretty nervous on the drive down, it was a really narrow road and we were so high up, but Alex is a champ and everything was fine. My altitude sickness was finally done, I genuinely hope I never have to experience that again.

To keep up with my shenanigans, follow me on...
Tumblr: feralblonde.tumblr.com
Instagram: @daniellerosecastano
Twitter: @danidelionnn

No comments:

Post a Comment